Campement d'Autodéfense populaire à Rouyn-Noranda
From August 24th
Resistance Solidarity Autonomy Ecology Feminism Horizontality Creativity Relations Actions
This community initiative is a reaction to the multinationale Glencore, owners of the Fonderie Horne de Rouyn-Noranda, who pollutes us to death. We will occupy a zone in Noranda that Glencore want to acquire and demolish by creating a 'buffer zone' that will kick out 200 famliles from their prorieties. We are asking for solidarity to occupy the coveted territory and to create a real democratic organisation inside the 'campement' that will lead to directs actions decided together to fight the big capitalist machine.
Join us in the front line of the fight againts Glencore. United, let's create a temporary space of freedom.
- Horne Foundry: City wants to halt Glencore from buying back houses
- Rouyn-Noranda wants to suspend buyout of 'buffer zone' houses near Horne Foundry
- High levels of arsenic found in Rouyn-Noranda schoolyard
- Horne Smelter says it will follow Quebec's 5-year arsenic emissions target, but it wants financial aid
- Arsenic in the air, fear and anger on the ground